Hooray! I am officially back to capsule-land and I am SO excited to share my full wardrobe with you today!! I've transitioned away from a 37-piece seasonal wardrobe in favor of this limited, all-seasons capsule. This is everything - all of my clothes. Except for the "everything else" things listed at the bottom of this post, this is it! I don't have any under-bed boxes or totes in the attic anymore. I wear the clothes I own in a pretty regular rotation and so far haven't gotten sick of them yet! I'm doing things a little differently with this post and not linking to sources. Mostly because I got the majority of these items secondhand, so there's nothing to link to! I'll be sharing my best tips for shopping secondhand in a later post :)
I feel like I've really nailed my style vibe after two years of working at this capsule thing, and I'm pretty proud of how far I've come and how much my wardrobe truly feels like me! I chose not to include shoes because my shoe game needs serious work and I don't even know what I need or want, plus for me shoes are just utilities and I'm not super into buying lots of cute pairs, so I just left them out.
So here it is! My 49-piece, all-seasons wardrobe!
There's a few things I'm looking to add to my wardrobe to fill in some gaps. Here's my wishlist:
- Raglan tee
- Black skinny jeans
- white skinny jeans (or maybe white flare jeans, I haven't decided.)
- High-waisted full maxi skirt (I love the heartbeat behind this company and hope they add some neutral options someday!)
- Great little black dress that can be dressed up or down to be my go-to for holidays, formal events, etc.
- Jogger pants (I actually just ordered these but they sent the wrong ones so I'm hoping I get the correct pair soon!)
THAT ELUSIVE "EVERYTHING ELSE" CATEGORY...
When talking about capsule wardrobes, everyone is quick to add that the their limited number (37 pieces, or however many you decide) doesn't include "pajamas, workout clothes or stuff like that." So how many of those things do people actually own? How many do you really need? I decided I'd just share exactly how much I own in each category. Some things to keep in mind:
- I sleep in my loungewear. Like, I don't have specific "pajamas." Just super comfy sweats + tanks that I wear around the house on Saturday mornings and also sleep in. One of the best things I've done recently is elevate my loungewear - ditching my husbands huge high school sweatpants in favor of things that are comfy and still make me feel cute!
- I workout 4-5 days a week, a combination of Pilates, running and soccer.
- We are on the water a LOT - my parents live on a lake - but one swim top + 2 swim bottoms is perfectly fine. I rinse out the suit after every use and only wash it when it really needs it.
- I try to buy clothes that can work for maternity. I struggled a LOT during pregnancy to feel like myself in my clothes and bought a lot of things I really didn't love or even like just to get me through. Now, as I add things to my wardrobe, I try to pay attention to whether they could be pregnancy and postpartum friendly. My actual "maternity" wardrobe is pretty small as a result, because lots of things in my regular wardrobe will work for when I'm pregnant!
Okay, without further adieu, here's what I own in each of those "other" categories!
- 3 pair of sweatpants
- 1 loungey jumpsuit
- 5 loungey tanks
- 4 regular bras
- 1 strapless bra
- 1 racerback bra
- 2 pair tights
- 10 pair of socks
- 10 pair of undies
- 5 pair of thick winter socks
TSHIRTS + SWEATSHIRTS
- 7 run-of-the-mill tshirts from concerts, sports teams, etc.
- 3 sweatshirts (one from my husband's university, his college diving jacket and his paramedic school sweatshirt)
- 2 neck scarves
- 1 leather cross-body purse
- 1 leather clutch (can also be a cross-body if needed)
- 3 hats (1 wool for fall/winter, 1 straw for summer, 1 ballcap)
- 1 rain jacket
- 1 heavy winter coat
- 2 scarves
- 2 beanies
- 1 pair of gloves
WORKOUT + SWIM
- 3 pair of running shorts
- 2 pair of capri workout leggings
- 1 set of UnderArmour "skins" for snow fun, snowboarding, winter running
- 3 sports bras
- 4 workout tanks
- 2 longsleeve workout shirts (from past races I've run)
- 3 pair of barre socks
- 1 pair of "bike shorts" that I really only wear under dresses + skirts
- 1 swimsuit top + 2 swimsuit bottoms (1 low rise and 1 high rise)
- 2 pair of soccer socks (1 pair each for under and over my shinguards)
- 2 pair maternity jeans
- 1 pair jeans for postpartum (non-maternity, but stretchy and larger than my regular pre-pregnancy size)
- 4 tops
- 3 nursing tanks
- 2 nursing sleep bras
- 1 pair elastic waist linen pants
- 1 pair elastic waist lounge pants
- 1 pair maternity shorts
- 2 pair leggings
- 4 dresses
- 1 bella band
- 1 pair compression socks
- A fake wedding ring set for when my fingers swell and I can't wear my real set - haha! #pregnancyhack