Gosh, I just love the start of a new month. Doesn't it just feel SO great to flip open to a blank calendar and start fresh?! Especially with the start of a new season?! I really love it. I'm so excited for this month and this entire summer. We have lots of fun plans in store, but I'm also really ready for a season of slowness and making sweet memories with my precious family in our own backyard. The Contentment Challenge is really helping me see things with fresh new eyes and I don't feel the usual frenzy I feel in the summertime to make ALL the memories and do ALL the fun things and finish ALL the fun projects. I'm just so....content with how things are right now!! Such a great feeling :)
Okay okay. Onto the goals! May was a super great + fun month, and I did well on my goals! Here's a recap:
- DONE! Read the Word
- Revamp my morning routine (this is the monthly mission for The Balanced Life Sisterhood, which I highly, highly recommend joining if you're looking for a balanced, grace-over-guilt, body-positive approach to fitness, health and wellness!)
- Stick to 80/20 paleo diet
- DONE!! Pay final hospital bill
- DONE! Mostly - we drew our own plans and measured, but need to get them to the architect. Measure the house + submit measurements to architect for renovation plan
- Catch up on Xavier's scrapbook + baby book
- DONE! Read 168 Hours as part of the Nancy Ray Bookclub
- DONE! Read Big Magic and Wild and Free
- DONE! Celebrate my birthday simply + intentionally
- DONE! Celebrate Mother's Day simply + intentionally
- DONE! Plant the garden!
I really struggled with my morning routine this month, so I'm rolling that over into June. I also didn't touch Xavier's scrapbook, but I really want it to be done for his first birthday party which is around the corner, so I'm rolling that over into June as well. And as for 80/20 paleo....that totally didn't happen. I'm giving myself grace in this season and doing the best I can!
Here are my goals for June:
- Read the Word
- Revamp morning routine
- Write our will
- List baby shower games in shop
- Purge + final organize the garage
- Catch up on Xave's scrapbook and baby book
- Finish the Contentment Challenge + devotional
- Build X's bedroom barn door + hang
- Plan anniversary trip to Chicago for next month!
- Go through clothing in preparation for a small bit of shopping once the Contentment Challenge ends; make up outfit formulas + write a list of pieces to add
- Pray intentionally for Xavier using the prompts in my pregnancy journal (I realized that I was way better about praying intentionally for Xavier before he was born thanks to this awesome journal, but have let that fall by the wayside since he was born. I'm digging out the journal again and will use the specific prompts to inspire more thoughtful prayers.)
- Read the Word
- Instagram fast
- Blog x2
- Go for a run
- Read 1 book (on my list: When Breath Becomes Air, The Coincidence of Coconut Cake, Anne of Green Gables, State of Wonder, Jane Eyre)
I think it's going to be a really great month! What are your goals this month? Drop a link in the comments or just let me know! XO!