How is already going to be July TOMORROW!?! This summer is flying by. I think I'm doing a fairly good job of soaking it up though...we are having such a great summer with friends and family and doing so many of the things on our summer manifesto!
I'm beginning to love my month-end time of sitting down to the plan the month ahead. This looks like planning out a blog calendar for posts, doing our monthly budget (we use the Dave Ramsey system), figuring out timelines for work projects, filling out my prayer journal and making my monthly goals. A lot of my goals have been rolling over from month to month but I think that's okay! Progress over perfection.
Here were my goals for June: 1. Complete my Whole30…today is day 2! // Check! kind of. I did 28 full days. Sharing more on that tomorrow!
2. Prioritize morning prayer and Scripture…every morning! Scripture before social media :) // Total fail. Trying again this month!
3. Get back to the barre after my break for the half marathon // Check! Went 4x week every week. Really starting to see the results!
4. At least one date night with Matthew, sans phones // I can't remember if we did this...I'm thinking not.
5. Keep bedtime screen-free…make a new habit of drinking sleepy tea + reading instead of scrolling social media before falling asleep // Total fail. Too much social media :(
Here are my goals for July:
1. Do a social media detox...for real. A whole week of no checking in. I'm thinking I might start tomorrow and give myself a true break for my trip to Seattle starting Wednesday!
2. Exercise 5x per week (spoiler alert: I'm giving myself the next week off for my trip!)
3. Complete a new logo for Vallarina Creative. I'm working with a super great artist to create a new mark for this business and I'm pumped to be moving forward with redesigning a website as well. Vallarina Creative is going places, people!
4. Start fundraising for my new gig at The Archibald Project
5. Invite friends over for dinner, game night, movies. I am craving community in a big way and I'm resolving to truly invest in our friendships this month!
6. Plan out "office days" using Google Calendar. I tried this a bit in May and it worked out great. Now that I am truly running my business full-time (no supplementing with nannying, etc.) I'm trying to find a routine of working from home that really works for me. Blocking out time in my calendar for blogging, invoicing, designing, etc. helps me focus and get so much more done. Really going to stick to that this month!
Carrying over from last month....
6. Keep bedtime screen-free…make a new habit of drinking sleepy tea + reading instead of scrolling social media before falling asleep
7. Prioritize morning prayer and Scripture…every morning! Scripture before social media :)
What are your July goals? I just love starting fresh and refocusing each month, don't you? XO!