Happy MAY! My favorite month, tied with October. How can you not love May? It's always the busiest month, a whirlwind of graduations, bridal showers, First Communions, Confirmations, the Indy 500, the start of outdoor concert season, the start of boating season. It's easy to get caught up in the overwhelm, until you take a step back and realize that, while incredibly busy, your weekends are full of celebration after celebration. It's the best! Plus, it all leads up to my birthday at the very end of the month, and I love love love it!
So many of my fave bloggers and ladies post their monthly goals on their little internet corner each month, and I always find myself inspired and encouraged by them. So I thought, why not jump on the bandwagon and start doing it myself! I got into a bit of groove in April, finding systems and things that are working well for me, so I want to continue to build on that through this month, as well.
What's working well:
- Scheduling blocks of time in my Google Cal for specific tasks, such as emailing, invoicing, and working on major projects. Something about having it locked into my calendar like that really helps me focus on just that one task and get it done
- Being intentional about purchases. I have a ways to go in this department and one of my biggest goals in May touches on this idea, but overall I spent a lot less on impulse buys in April. Proud of that!
- Getting up early!
- Making time to get ready in the morning and put together a real outfit. I am so much more productive and in much better spirits when I take the time to present myself well...even if the only person I'm presenting to all day is me!
Goals for May:
- Finish my capsule wardrobe planning and make a concrete, realistic list of the pieces I need. Commit to not buying any other clothing items that aren't on that list NO MATTER HOW CUTE (this is going to be HARD, guys.)
- No "stuff" purchases this month. Aside from the handful of clothing pieces to finish my capsule wardrobe, I'm committing to not buying any things through this month. Dinner out with friends is okay, gas and groceries and gifts for others are okay. I've been really captivated by this idea of the contentment challenge and want to discover the freedom from things.
- stay on the #lampandlight scripture challenge and continue to make time to read through Proverbs and journal with my new VMP prayer journal
- focus on clean eating and not giving in to quick-fix meals...I am starting to feel the effects of all the junk my body is not wired to handle building up and it's the worst. Keeping in mind that, while its tough, avoiding dairy and gluten is to honor the way God made me and focus on that perspective instead of the "rules" and "restrictions."
- prioritize workouts and make the most of that barre studio membership!
- Date night with Matthew...even if that means cooking at home and reading the blessing jar.
- finish the back patio project
And there you have it! This month is already off to a hectic but such great start...here's to conquering goals and focusing on progress over perfection. XO!